Communications & Events Coordinator
Part-time permanent: $18 per hour, 20 hours per week
The Communications Coordinator has a key role in our events, social media activities, awareness campaigns, community partnerships, and publications such as our newsletters and program reports. We have a small number of projects throughout the year: Perfect for a hands-on person who likes to get things done and see the project completed from start to finish with pride in the outcome. With the nature of our events and communities we serve, we encourage candidates that are fluent in Spanish and English with a Latin American background to apply.
As a team member, the Communications & Events Coordinator is a contributor in strategic meetings and is a valued supporter to implement social media publishing and create presentation documents. Content is provided by all team members and the role of the communications coordinator to develop content can grow quickly with experience and knowledge of our programs and community engagement activities.
The ideal candidate for this role is someone who wants a steady part-time job, four days per week, working with a small team for creative projects. Whether your work/life balance is for your education, or family care, or training for a sport – or any other reason why this life balance makes 20 hours per week the right amount of hours for you, let us know! We want to hear about your interests, relevant skills and experience.
The successful candidate can arrange a regular four-day work week schedule within business hours that aligns with their work/life balance. We offer 3 weeks paid vacation plus a paid staff-wide winter holiday week in late December. Parking is available, or a five-minute walk to the Bloor subway line. A comfortable office on the first floor of a small building with a café, pharmacy and post office in a fun neighbourhood with convenient shopping.
- Coordinate event logistics as the central organizer for the team of staff and volunteers.
- Website and social media publishing, with content developed in partnership with the staff team in weekly “storyboard” sessions including new pages, updating pages, images, and blogs.
- Publish monthly e-newstters using MailChimp, with content developed in partnership the staff team.
- Produce presentation materials using InDesign and/or Adobe Creative Suite such as newsletters, event brochures and program reports in partnership with the staff team.
- Engage and coordinate with community partners and volunteers for events and other special projects.
- Draft communications documents: such as a news announcement or a partnership proposal.
- Coordinate with schools and other institutions for their Casa – Pueblito Delegations.
- Support the development of our Delegation Alumni program.
- Maintain records for ongoing engagement with volunteers, Delegation Alumni and other community partners (donor records are maintained by the Administrative Assistant).
Required Skills and Experience:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience coordinating event logistics including tracking invitation rsvps/tickets
- Proficiency in InDesign and/or Adobe Creative Suite (candidates invited for an interview will be asked to provide samples)
- Strong proficiency using MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Demonstrated ability to write a clear, concise document such as a news announcement or a project summary
- Experience publishing website and social media content in a workplace setting
- Work independently and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines, and communicate effectively with team members on status of projects in a timely manner to ensure smooth project completion
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to interact with the public, volunteers and sponsors
- Post-secondary education relevant to the required skills and responsibilities
How to Apply:
Send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone or email inquiries, please.
With sincere thanks to all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Casa – Pueblito is an equal opportunity employer with a Gender Equality policy. Our organization considers applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability or any other protected status. Accommodations are provided for candidates with special needs / disabilities. Our office is wheelchair accessible.