Administrative & Donor Relations Assistant
Part-time permanent: $20 per hour, 20 hours per week
The Administrative and Donor Relations Assistant has a key role in our operations for the office to run smoothly, and with our donors to ensure their support is appreciated with timely and accurate receipts and thank-you letters. We have a small team and a small database of donors and foundations: Perfect for someone who is detail-oriented and likes to be a part of the full scope of the office operations from start to finish. As a team member, the Administrative and Donor Relations Assistant will participate in staff meetings and help prepare reports for monthly Board Meetings. We encourage candidates that are fluent in Spanish and English with a Latin American background to apply.
The ideal candidate for this role is someone who wants a steady part-time job, four days per week, working with a small team for creative projects. Whether your work/life balance is for your education, or family care, or training for a sport – or any other reason why this life balance makes 20 hours per week the right amount of hours for you, let us know! We want to hear about your interests, relevant skills and experience.
The successful candidate can arrange a regular four-day work week schedule within business hours that aligns with their work/life balance. We offer 3 weeks paid vacation plus a paid staff-wide winter holiday week in late December. Parking is available, or a five-minute walk to the Bloor subway line. A comfortable office on the first floor of a small building with a café, pharmacy and post office in a fun neighbourhood with convenient shopping.
- Maintain the database of donors and donations using Giftworks, including data entry and updating records.
- Process donations for the three annual donor appeal campaigns with timely receipting and appreciation to our donors.
- Deposit, enter records for and track all funds received from a variety of sources (e.g., CanadaHelps, cheques by mail, electronic transfers, events).
- Regular reports on financial transactions and donor engagement.
- Receive mail by post and respond to or distribute accordingly.
- Receive inquiries by email and phone and respond, or refer to staff member, accordingly.
- Contact donors for updated information such as requesting their new mailing address.
- Filing of institutional records, both digital and paper.
- Support the team in the general upkeep of the office space (professional cleaning is already provided by the building maintenance)
- Support the preparation of the three annual donor appeal campaigns.
- Inventory of office supplies and renew materials as needed.
- Maintain the reputation and confidentiality of Casa - Pueblito, its donors, volunteers and staff.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Excellent attention to detail with demonstrated experience and proficiency working with numbers
- Experience processing donations and issuing tax receipts for a nonprofit organization. OR, experience processing sales in a sales database and issuing receipts will also be considered
- Experience in data entry and updating records in a database
- Experience producing reports / lists with a contacts database system: Giftworks or other
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Good communications skills, written and verbal
- Positive attitude with ability to interact with a variety of people ranging in age, heritage, gender and organizational role
- Experience working in an office setting in an administrative capacity
- Experience handling money and demonstrated responsibility for financial transactions
- Work independently and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines, and communicate effectively with team members on status of projects in a timely manner to ensure smooth project completion
- Post-secondary education relevant to the required skills and responsibilities
How to Apply:
Send your cover letter and resume – with the name of the database system(s) for donations or sales that you have experience in - to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone or email inquiries, please.
With sincere thanks to all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Casa – Pueblito is an equal opportunity employer with a Gender Equality policy. Our organization considers applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability or any other protected status. Accommodations are provided for candidates with special needs / disabilities. Our office is wheelchair accessible.